visiting and advisory positions and consultancies
Latin American Institute for Transnational Studies, Mexico, fall 1978.
Colombia University, Department of Economics, New York, fall 1979.
Hebrew University, Maurice Falks Institute, Israel, December 1980.
Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum, India, fall 1981.
Research School of Pacific Studies, ANU, Australia, fall 1983.
World Institute for Development Economics Research, Helsinki, Finland, 1986-1988.
International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington DC, USA, fall 1988.
- International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington DC, Member of the International
Research Advisory Board, 1992-1995.
- SwedCorp, Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Member of the Board, 1992-1993.
- Swedfund, Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Member of the Board, 1994-1995.
- International Expert Group on Development Issues (EGDI), Swedish Ministry of Foreign
United Nations Industrial Development Organisation, 1979.
Report: "Trade Under Import Substitution and Export Orientation
Policies" (Chapter 3) and "Restrictions on the Expansion of LDC Manufactured
Exports" (Chapter 4) in Industry 2000 - New Perspectives: Collected Background
Papers, Vol. 4, UNIDO/IOD 372, 1979.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, 1984.
Report: Food Insecurity in Developing Countries: Causes, Trends and
Policy Options, United Nations, TP/B/C.1/257, 1984.
- Rockefeller Foundation, 1987-88
Report (book): Trade and Development in Sub-Saharan Africa,
Manchester University Press, 1991.
- African Development Bank, 1990.
Report: main author of African Development Report 1990, Abidjan,
- Government of Guinea-Bissau/Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 1994-95.
Report: Swedish Development Co-operation with Guinea-Bissau,
Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ds 1994:77, Stockholm, 1994 (with B.
Ekman and A. Olofsgård).